Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Gouda

Does anyone like that cheese? I do. I also remember that Canadian commercial where the mother gives money to the little boy to run and get her Gouda. That was a good one.

So guess who decided to drop in on Leuven? That's right...Gouda boys! They were tall, blonde, Dutch and well..from Gouda. That's a claim to fame if I ever heard one. I get such a kick out of tall, blonde people. Maybe because it is such a contrast to my short, dark haired tribe. Okay, that's pretty much it, we all just d&d'd all night (Drank and danced).

And Joanna-Gallagher-Look-Alike is actually a kleptomaniac. Not only does she try and steal every unlocked biked, and LITTER like crazy, but she steals random stuff from bars, like tablecloths and wigs and boas and coasters and glasses and basically anything that isn't nailed to the table.

Other then that, since she decided to go back to Ireland for a week for Halloween (I hate her now) I have decided to stay in a study and work on my presentation for Environmental Philosophy instead. But tmrw is Halloween and I am super excited! Even though no one here celebrates Halloween.....I can celebrate it. Dammit.

Anddddd I had another slut vs. nonslut conversation today with a Belgian, who was born in American.


He totally agrees with me. And I have a thesis for my argument now...

" North Americans value instant gratification, which leads to casual sexual behaviour, while Belgians value long-term gratification, which leads to serial monogomy over the short-lived amusement of a 'hook-up'.

OH...and can also be used to explain a lot of other cultural differences! Like the prevalence of Mcdonalds...

1 comment:

taylor said...

Wow Danielle.... that was deep. I love that you are thinking of thesis's while your in Belgium.