Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Je M'appelle bored Canadian

Wahoo, finally.


I was out late last night at 'Discount Club Ramba" with various nationalities, most noted among them, hot Italian boys.

So naturally I was late for my first class. It was Philosophical Anthropology. The classroom is kind of dingy, but there is a vending machine for 60 cents coffee. I tried to get hot chocolate 'Choco Cafe" but it ended up being some sort of coffee. This is why I need to learn Dutch!

I walked in late and they have those desks which are attached to the chairs. It was quite difficult fitting my ass in 19th century chairs. You have to be anorexic. Until I learned that they are supposed to be lifted so you can fit in them. Just call me Klutzo Kubes. Don't though...maybe I should delete that nickname...

It was cool, we get to learn about Darwanism. I think it is a keeper.

I fixed my bank card. The lady was as usual rude, but I stole a handful of mints so it makes up for it. She saw and gave me a dirty look. Or maybe that is just her 'have a nice day look'. So hard to tell here.

I was kind of getting sick of my daily meal of spagetti so I tried to cook. It didn't really work out. Okay, well I didn't try to cook, I made some frozen veggies, trying to get in my 5 a day and poured some plum sauce and olive oil over them. Then I microwaved some Asian soup that I thought was noodles. It is really a guessing game with food preperation here, I just kind of have to wing it and stare at the pictures.

At 7 I had my French class at the language institute. I was placed in level 1. I was the only North American. PPl were from like 16 diff countries, lots from Asia and Eastern Europe. THe whole class was a re-cap of grades sk-9.

"Hello my name is... I am from...I am married...I have two children"

Two hours....of that. I will only ask to be moved up a little when I can say " This French is too easy, Can I please move up a level?"

Of course, when I left the building at 9 it was pouuurrring. Try cycling home in the dark, as it is pouring, in a mini skirt. I dare you. I got home and my curtains fell off, so I got Cute Czech boy to fix them. Also, Silent Holland moved it. I met him my first day waiting outside for the landlord. He's adorable, but kind of silent, he just smiles a lot and when he talks it is slow. He prolly has no idea what I'm saying to him.

No comments: