Monday, September 17, 2007

If Razr found please return

Today was the first day it rained.


It started out fine, I went to go get a bike. Of course, I was too short for all of them, but I ended up with a really nice, silver one. It was scary riding at first and I was so high up off the ground, but it ended up good.

I got my course selection straightened out.

I went to go get more min. for my phone, get a bank account, see what H&M had to offer.

I ran into the HUMS group in the grocery store and I plan to go over to their place, which is apparantly amazing, tonight.

Then things started to get messy.

It started to rain. The phone store had a ridiculous line-up as always. So I walked out, hopped on my bike (in my t-shirt) and then proceded to fall down the street (not off my bike) it was kind of like a slide down the block.

It hurt and wasn't fun. And the chain fell off the chain hook thingi.

Things were not looking good.

It was raining, I was in my t-shirt, my ass was soaking, and my bike didn't work.

Then I saw another phone store with a short line-up a few hundred metres away. So I decided to go there, locked my bike up and walked in.

Then I realized I didn't have my phone.


I DIDN'T HAVE MY PHONE.

My Silver Motorola Razr was missing!

Danielle was not a happy camper.

I searched up and down the street for like an hour, but I couldn't find it.

Either someone stole it or it fell off when I did my bike gymnastics,. It was attached to my jean waistband with a leather holder thingi.

I was extremely upset. After writing down my e-mails in the phone stores in case someone dropped it off (Still praying!) I set about fixing my bike.

Now, you wouldn't think that a girl in 285$ jeans (I bought them on sale for 75$ though) who cried over losing her cell phone could fix a bike right?

Well you would be wrong. Because after being covered in bike grease, crouching in the rain, with my black pashmina scarf wrapped around my head, I fixed it and rode off.

Of course no nice Belgian asked me if they could help in my bike ,that would entail then actually being friendly.

I then crossed all of my errands and decided to spend the rest of the afternoon eating chocolate and watching Grey's Anatomy.

I went to go make some lunch in the kicthen, in my Canadian -Camp style comfort sweats and the Chinese lady there was very nice. She told me some Chinese sayings, like if something bad happens now, something good will happen later. Or if a diaster was going to happen, instead something bad happened. Or something.

She's cool. Shes doing her degree in theology and from a villiage in China and 35 and has lived here for 4 years.

The only people I ever see in the kitchen is this girl from Iran, who is always making rice and raisins, Cute Czech boy who I have never seen eat, and me who is always making like microwave food or pasta or something. Flemish ppl actually don't cook. They just eat out all the time I guess.

Once when I went to Israel, this girl left her wallet in the bathroom and when she remembered she had left it there, she lost a huge amount. Someone stole like 400 or 1000 euros. I just have to put things in perspective. I can get a new phone. It is just such a hassle and is so expensive. Ahh


Losing my phone is like losing my friend. My single, lovely, dependable friend. The friend who always stood by me, was their when I need her, as long as I treated her right with a long charge. She was so sleek, was my everything. She was my clock, my connection to everyone, my acessory. And now she's gone.

No comments: