Friday, November 9, 2007

Seriously, no REALLY

I can't help myself anymore. It has snowballed. I am officially a Jew.


I still get the same reaction from everyone though...which is a mixture of disbelief and weirdness.

Then they assume I know nothing about Judaism because I'm not orthodox.


I've given up.


Conversation

Adorable Chinese: I thought you were a half Jew
Danielle: No I am 100% Jew
Adorable Chinese: But you said your Dad was European
Danielle: Yes....
Adorable Chinese: So he is not Jewish
Danielle: He is still a Jew
Adorable Chinese: No
Danielle: Yes. He is both European and Jewish. This is actually possible.


How I Came out of the Closet

Cute Czech: Jews eat Garlic
Danielle: Um....no they don't
Cute Czech: yes they do
Danielle: Um....no
Adorable Chinese: She would know she is half Jewish
Cute Czech: You are not Jewish
Danielle: Yes I am Jewish...and I don't eat Garlic
Cute Czech: But you do not practice
Danielle: I am Jewish. My mother is Jewish, my father is jewish, i went to jewish school, i went to jewish camp, i went to israel, i speak hebrew. I'm jewish. And I don't eat garlic.
Cute Czech: Then you are not orthodox b/c they eat garlic for the health benefits

Why do I keep having the same conversation with everyone?

Friendly Mexican: You are Jewish! I usually sniff them out. I would never have guessed you are Jewish
Danielle: Oh no..trust me...I am Jewish. THIS is what a Jew looks like.
Friendly Mexican: I have Jewish friends
Danielle: At least someone in this building does



How many more times this week will I be having the exact same conversation?

I'm so mad now I admitted that I was Jewish. But at least there is something to talk about with all these boring Belgians.



Oh, and watch V for Vendetta. I just saw it and it was trés interesting.

No comments: