Friday, December 14, 2007

Sinter Klauss

at my Rez there was a Sinter Klauss party.

Sinter Klauss is like the original Santa Clauss. You get chocolate. He also has a helper 'Black Pete" Officialy, he is black from the soot he gets from going down chimneys (Sinter Klauss is to old to do this now)

But actually I think that the white Bishop went to Africa and came back with black Pete. or Spain. Either way I have a feeling that there are rasict origins. I mean...the Belgians did colonize the Congo.


So we had a party for this where we had to draw and write something and put it in a giant red box. Also we had to write Gossip about our neighbours. I ABSTAINED from this.(whose proud?) also because they jsut wanted stupid gossip like "He was loud" instead of "He's loud because he has sex with a different girl every night"

So ppl actually dressed up in FULL outfits.

Then we each got a bag of chocolate. And these 2 guys had to make names for everyone in the hall. I could have done better then them:)

But my name was "Miss America". Isn't that so weird? Like I don't know if they wanted to annoy me because I am Canadian or if they think I want world peace.

But it was a fun pre-evening.

No comments: