Tuesday, December 18, 2007

End of Semester

Can you believe that the semester is over already???? I can't! But then I figured it out and realize that if school starts sept 25 and ends Dec 18...then thats like...almost zero classes! What can you actually learn in just 13 class?

26 hours of class i mean...that's nothing. I think they should increase it to like 40 hours!

I mean...I know i'm a huge nerd and all, but I like school (when i got to classes) and I get really bored only haveing 2 days of school.

There is not really a school-life with clubs and stuff. Maybe there is but its in Dutch though.

Like I finished class today, I go on vacay from Dec 20-Jan 11, I have 3 exams from Jan 14-Jan 18 and then I don't have school until Feb 11!!!


FEBUARY 11!! I am going to die of boredom. I am going to try hard and get a job and maybe go to Ireland.

They should really not call this school...this is a traveling/drinking year abroad.

UNless G-d Forbid...I fail my exams. LIke 50% of Belgians. Then I might kill myself. And then my parents would kill me.

I have 3 essays to hand in before I leave on thrusday and I actually finished 2.

I remember last year I would stay up for 36 hours the day before the exam drinking red bull, finally printing it at 6am.

And that system worked for me!

We will see how this early non-procastination thing works out this year.

BUt the essays are soooooo stupid. No joke. FOr my Media Ethics class I had to write about "What I learnt in Media Ethics this year". Am I 7? LIke "what did you do on your summer vacation"

I hope I don't fail though, I only went to 2 classes. (it was 9am tuesday!!!)

And then for my environmental essay we have to write about "Whatever you want".
Um...Excuse me? Whatever I want? What is this? I thought you were a professor..teach me..direct me..

I also hope I don't fail that, since I only went to 2 classes as well (9 am Wed!)

And finally, my Philosophical Anthropology Seminar, taught by an American has the only good essay! School at home makes just so much more sense to me, and apprantly him too.

For all my other classes the essays are worth 100% and you have to do a presentation that apparanty isn't worth anything since the profs never bother to learn your name.

For the American class we have to write about specific things concerning mind-body problem, consiouness, personal identity with Descarts, Locke, Hume, Lebz etc.

It's still not...inspiring though. I don't know, last year I grew so much academically, I really peaked. This year I just can't get into it. The profs don't make anything come alive. All the work is totally independant, no dissucsion even in seminars b/c ppl are afraid of their english skills.

You really have to take the learning until yourself. Which can be a good thing I guess, but it makes it way more boring then it should be. they need to revamp the insides of the classrooms and the library. Hard chairs-hard tables doesn't make anyone want to study.

People only learn to pass their exams.

Oh well.




They need couches and a coffee bar.

No comments: